I spent most of the day checking various insurance options. None will work for me with the possible exception of Kaiser. Insurance aside, what I’ve heard from several people, quite emphatically, is not to wait for insurance but to get the surgery as soon as possible.
The hospital called this afternoon to schedule the biopsy for next Thursday. That’s the next step. If it shows I have to get cut sooner rather than later, I’ll work out payment plans with the hospital and everyone else involved and go from there.
Here’s an interesting juxtaposition. For the first time I can remember, I got a piece of junk mail from a funeral home today. Do you suppose they somehow get the names of people who have CT scans or visit oncologists?