I’m on a “Dr. Servan-Schreiber” roll (see my previous post). Here are excerpts from his piece in the Huffington Post called 20 New Anticancer Rules.
1. Go retro: Your main course should be 80 percent vegetables, 20 percent animal protein, like it was in the old day.
4. Spice it up: Add turmeric (with black pepper) when cooking (delicious in salad dressings!). This yellow spice is the most powerful natural anti-inflammatory agent.
5. Skip the potato: Potatoes raise blood sugar, which can feed inflammation and cancer growth
7. Remember not all eggs are created equal: Choose only omega-3 eggs, or don’t eat the yolks.
12. Make room for exceptions. What matters is what you do on a daily basis, not the occasional treat.
NON FOOD RULES
1. Get physical: Make time to exercise, be it walking, dancing or running. Aim for 30 minutes of physical activity at least 5 days a week
4. Reach out to at least two friends for support (logistical and emotional) during times of stress, even if it’s through the internet. But if they’re within arms reach, go ahead and hug them, often!
7. Cultivate happiness like a garden: Make sure you do one thing you love for yourself on most days (it doesn’t have to take long!).