5 THINGS TO DO if diagnosed with cancer or other serious disease:
1. Read Anticancer by David Servan-Schreiber and heed his advice.
2. Clean up your diet in line with Foods To Fight Cancer by Richard Beliveau
3. Exercise regularly—something more than jumping to conclusions and throwing your weight around.
4. Stay engaged; don’t withdraw from people. You’ll need them now more than ever.
5. Don’t wait till you get cancer to start doing these things.
5 NUMBERS THAT WON’T MATTER when you’re dead:
1. The 9-digits that encode your entire identity—your SSN
2. Your college GPA
3. Your FICO score
4. Your bank PIN
5. Your golf handicap
5 BLOGS worth following:
1. Seth Godin
4. Boing Boing
5 BIBLE VERSES most often misquoted:
1. Leviticus 27:30-32 et al – the tithe (all three of them) was required of OT Jews under the Law and is never enjoined on NT Christians.
2. Proverbs 29:18 (KJV) – has nothing to do with leadership but concerns prophetic revelation.
3. Jeremiah 29:11 – a promise to the nation of Israel in captivity, not to individuals in distress.
4. 1 Timothy 6:10 – money isn’t the root of all evil, it’s the fertilizer.
5. Revelation 3:20 – spoken to Christians concerning fellowship, not unbelievers concerning salvation.
5 NONFICTION BOOKS to read this year:
1. Tribes by Seth Godin
2. Jesus by Marcus J. Borg
3. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
4. Born to Run by Christopher McDougall
5. Faith & Doubt by John Ortberg
Share your own High Fives with the rest of us in a comment.