Once again Susan and I participated in Light The Night in downtown Colorado Springs. Thanks to all of you who donated to this worthy cause.
Light The Night is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s annual fundraising walk to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer. Hundreds of thousands of participants raise funds for lifesaving research and patient services.
For more than 60 years, LLS has been focused on people with blood cancers. Presently, they have more than $250 million committed to research. In 2010, LLS was able to:
- invest $72 million, which includes funding for 103 new grants to researchers and $8 million in contracts through the LLS Therapy Acceleration Program
- support 347 research projects in the U.S. and 10 other countries
- provide financial assistance to patients like me
- sponsor scientific conferences around the country
- produce educational materials and videos
- run dozens of Family Support Groups nationwide
I have received grants from LLS in the past and know how much good they are doing for so many people.